Your Subtitle text

Public Housing

Public Housing


    Housing Director: Marisel Armsted
Public Housing                                                                                                                                              
 With a staff of 2 individuals, the Public Housing Department consists of programs that provide rental assistance to low-income families. This department has been recognized by the Department of Housing and Urban Development as a High Performer.    The Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority assists low-income individuals and families by providing housing units in our Charlie Hill Terrace public housing community. The Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority also provides residents with programs and opportunities that promote economic enrichment and upward mobility. The Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority owns and manages 123 public housing units ranging in size from 1 bedroom to 5 bedroom units.  It is our duty to provide safe, sanitary, affordable and decent housing units. The Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities for all. We are working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and; meet the need for quality affordable rental units: utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; and build inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination. FWBHA is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners which establishes policies, approves budgets and provides general direction to the FWBHA Executive Director and Staff. The agency recently renovated the complex’s common areas to be handicap accessible and making 5% of the units’ handicap accessible. 

1.3 MB


The Fort Walton Beach Housing Authority Public Housing one (1) bedroom waiting list will re-open at 8:00 A.M. on 4 December 2017.

Public Housing Utility Study 2014

501.7 KB



Website Builder